a qwriting.qc.cuny.edu blog
<

For my final project, I want to do research related to body image or type, perhaps anorexia. I read a student’s blog from a previous semester and really enjoyed the content. I think its really relative to today’s world and today’s views. This “body issue” does not only apply to women but to men as well. I want to explore how people view themselves.

February 24th, 2010 at 5:24 pm and tagged

6 Responses to “Potential Final Project Topics”
  1. 1
      sarah kusnitz says:

body issues is a big topic among adolescent and early adult women. it would be interesting to see how both and women view themselves after maybe looking at ads that we see everyday promoting beautiful men and women, and possibly even the fact that most of the ads that we see are fixed and photoshopped.

2. 2
      lindsey says:

Body Image Dismorphia, Anorexia Nervosa, and Bulimia Nervosa are very serious illnesses that effect many people in society. I agree with Sarah, many ads misrepresent the definition of “beauty”, therefore influencing people in a negative way.

3. 3
      antonia says:

As Sarah and Lindsey pointed out, this is definitely a topic that many young (female) adults deal with. I was wondering, seeing your interest in dance, if you could combine the two topics and maybe do your project on body image in the dancing community, perhaps even comparing men and women; or comparing body image and self-image problems in- and outside the dancing community? Let’s discuss further.

4. 4

Blazer Basse Pas Cher

5. 5

Quality Glass Pipes

Expression through Image » Potential Final Project Topics

6. 6

SEO company Santa Rosa